Calvert County, Maryland
Founded in 1953, the Calvert County Historical Society operates as a research library, museum shop and space to exhibit Calvert County’s history. The public is welcome and encouraged to examine recordings, view original documents, enjoy the large collection of materials and share in the county’s cultural heritage.
In 2011, the Historical Society began a multi-phase restoration project of the outbuildings as well as restoration of the main house’s exterior. Funding was partially provided by a grant from the Maryland Historical Trust which requires adherence to The Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties. Galczynski Architects worked collaboratively with the Historical Society to ensure a successful outcome for this important local project.
The restoration of the outbuildings is done in compliance with the Maryland Historical Trust and The Secretary of the Interior’s Standards. Colonial Woodwrights was the contractor.